How do you get someone off your friend list? Snapchat users may be familiar with this trick. Snapchat creates a list of best friends based on your interactions with the apps. The ‘best friend’ tag is given to the friends with whom you contact the most i.e sends the most amount of snaps to or chat with them.
However, it may happen that you don’t want certain friends to be best friends on Snapchat because they are not your best friends in real life anymore.
This article will show you how to remove someone from your best friend list, without actually blocking them.
How to get someone off your Best Friend List?
The app doesn’t have a way to remove people from your top friends list. Snapchat assigns you best friends based on the algorithm on how much you keep in contact with them, if you chat, and share snaps with them frequently, it’s more likely that they will be on your best friend list.
Follow these steps to get rid of someone on your best friend’s list.
The communication can be slowed down:
The best way to remove someone is to stop talking with them. When you stop texting or sending them snaps, they will eventually be removed. It will take a few days to get rid of them depending on how many contacts they have.
If you have many friends and talk to a lot of people, you will be able to make many good friends.
Take them out and add them back.
You can remove someone from Snapchat. Snapchat will also erase all chats and snaps between you when you unfriend someone.
If you’re not comfortable with this, you can unfriend them on Snapchat and they will no longer be your friend.
Snapchat Best Friend: What Does it Mean?
Snapchat friends are people who share snaps and texts with each other every day. You frequently send snaps, share videos, and exchange texts with them, and over time a friend emoji will appear next to your friend’s name. Snapchat has many emojis that can help you define your friendship with a friend. Here are some examples of emojis and their meanings:
- Baby: This emoji indicates that you are now friends with this person.
- Smiling face: This emoji indicates that this person has been one of your eight best Snapchat friends. You have sent more messages and photos to them than other people.
- Gold heart: the gold heart emoji means that you that this other Snapchat user are each other’s best friends. This means that you have sent the most number of texts to each others.
- Red heart: if a red heart is displayed right next to one of your friend’s usernames that means you have been best friends for two weeks in a row.
- Pink hearts: red hearts means that you and that friend have been each other’s best friends for two months in a row.
- Smirking face: this emoji means that you are this person’s best friend but they are not yours. Simply put, they have sent you the most texts but the gesture was not reciprocated.
- Grimace face: This emoji can be used to show that you are a best friends with Grimace, which is a sign that your best friend is also your best friend.
- Sunglasses face: one of your eight best friends is this person’s one of eight best friends. This emoji signifies that you are close friends with this person.
- Fire Emoji: This emoji indicates that you are on a snap streak, meaning you and the person are sharing snaps every single day. This emoji would display your snap number next to it.
- Hourglass Emoji: This emoji signifies that your snap streak is about to end. The immediate solution to this problem is to send a snap, sending a chat won’t help in this situation.
How do I set Snapchat’s number of best friends?
Open Snapchat and navigate the Settings menu. Scroll down to Manage and choose # of Best Friends. You can now choose how many Best Friends you would like to be displayed – the default is three but you can choose up to eight.
If someone is on your Snapchat best friends list, it means that they are one of the people you interact the most with on Snapchat. There are different levels of Snapchat best friend. These are indicated with different emoticons depending on how often you interact with them. We’ll get more in-depth about that later in this article.
How do I set Snapchat’s number of best friends?
Open Snapchat and navigate to the Settings menu. Scroll down to Manage and choose # of Best Friends. You can now choose how many Best Friends you would like to be displayed – the default is three but you can choose up to eight.
How to change the Snapchat Friends Emoji?
You can change the default emoji if you’re not satisfied with it. Here’s how to do so, depending on your phone’s operating system.
- Android: Click your profile picture, then go to Settings (cog icons). Scroll down and select Customise Emoji. You can then assign an emoji for your friend.
- iPhone: Click Settings (cog icons) and select your profile photo. You can then go to the Additional Services section and click Manage. You can now select the emoji you want next to the friend’s username.